PRIVACY STATEMENT FOR MeTV2.com as required by the CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT – MeTV2 Online – Maranatha Broadcasting Company, Inc.
Maranatha Broadcasting Company, Inc. has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this site.
This is how we will handle information we learn about you from your visit to our website. The information we receive depends upon what you do when visiting our site.
- If you visit our site to browse or read information such as news, weather, sports scores and the like (subject to the Google Analytics section below): We collect and store only the following information about you: the name of the domain from which you access the Internet (for example, aol.com, if you are connecting from an America Online account, or princeton.edu if you are connecting from Princeton University’s domain); the date and time you access our site; and the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site. None of the above information can personally identify you or anyone in your household. We use the information we collect to measure the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, and to help us make our site more useful to visitors.
- If you identify yourself by sending an E-mail: You also may decide to send us personally-identifying information, for example, in an electronic mail message containing a comment or complaint. We use personally-identifying information from our online users in the event a response is requested. It may also be used to help rectify a problem which may occur with a service to which you have subscribed.
- If you identify yourself by completing a “comment” form: We require that you use your email address when completing our online comments form. This is to help prevent abuse or malicious use of this valuable line of communication. We may also use your email address if you have requested a reply to a question. Your email address, comments, and other information from the form is only stored in an archive fashion, and is not made part of any other mailing list or database. Some of the information that you may be asked to supply (cable system, home town, etc.) is typically used in an aggregate form for statistical or analytical purposes.
- If you complete an online contest entry form: We may run contests on our site in which we ask visitors for contact information (like their email address) and demographic information (like their zip code, age, or income level). Demographic and profile data is also collected at our site. We use this data to tailor our visitor’s experience at our site, showing them content that we think they might be interested in, and displaying the content according to their preferences. Unless indicated otherwise, your name, postal address, email address and the like on a contest entry form is used solely for our direct contact with you.
- If you register for any of our online services: This site offers several services for which registration is required. These include (but are not limited to) school closings, news alerts, and other newsletters. The information gathered is necessary for the functionality of these services.
Access and Use of Personally Identifiable Information (PII):
If you choose to establish a Personalized User Profile and participate in the sharing of Personally Identifiable Information, Lakana (a division of Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc.) may collect this PII in connection with performing services related to the operation of this site and our other digital properties. This information may be stored, retained, and/or shared with third parties for the purpose of creating and maintaining Personalized User Profiles on your behalf.
Examples of PII that we may collect include (but are not limited to) your name, location, and mobile phone number. These pieces of information are collected when you create a Personal User Profile, contribute an image or video file, or register for newsletter, text, or push notification alerts. The PII that is collected may be shared with our technology partners (including Lakana, TextCaster, WSI, and others) in order to facilitate the proper operation of these services.
Google Analytics employs cookies to define user sessions, which allows for the collection of data about how visitors are using the websites. Google Analytics uses only first-party cookies for data analysis. This means that the cookies are linked to a specific website domain, and Google Analytics will only use that cookie data for statistical analysis related to your browsing behavior on that specific website. According to Google, the data collected cannot be altered or retrieved by services from other domains.
If you choose, you can opt out by turning off cookies in the preferences settings in your web browser. For more information on Google Analytics, please visit Google Analytics.
You can also visit the Google Analytics currently available opt outs page.
Advertising (subject to the above)
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. Here is a url for more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies: click here.
Correct / update policy:
Users may correct or change the information collected during registration for Stormcenter Update. The instructions for doing this can be found in the Stormcenter Update portion of our website. Users may change this information at any time and as often as necessary. Users who are experiencing problems or who have any questions about how our services work can contact us at:
General issues: webmaster@MeTV2.com Phone: 610.797.4530
MeTV2 – Maranatha Broadcasting
300 East Rock Road
Allentown, PA 18103-7599
Delete / deactivate policy:
Users may unsubscribe to any of our electronic newsletters at any time by following the instructions contained at the end of every newsletter. Currently, we do not offer users a means by which to completely delete personal information established at the time of registration for any service.
We want to be very clear: We will not obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information to us.
Updates and changes are periodically made to this policy in order to maintain functionality and compliance with applicable federal and state laws. Users can determine when this policy has been updated by noting the “Updated” time and date near the top of this page.